Buyer's Guide to UK and EU Based Lots
Whisky Auctioneer operates out of two locations, the UK and the EU. Our customers, no matter where they are on the globe, can utilise our full range of buying and selling services from either location.
To help you navigate our site and services, our lot listings have icons which help you establish:
- Lot Location - This will tell you whether the lot is sold from our UK office in Scotland, or our EU office in Germany.
- Relevant Fees / Duties / Taxes / Etc. - Different countries and regions have a wide variety of rules on fees, duties, customs, taxes etc. in relation to the items auctioned on our site.
What Does This Mean For You?
How these lot locations will impact you will depend on your location and/or where you are wishing your order to ship to.
Before bidding, please select your area below to find the guidance relevant to you.
Having two bases means we can provide our customers with the service they have come to expect from us – a great selection of whisky, excellent support for sellers, dedicated promotional and content team and industry-leading expertise and authentication. It also ensures that we offer the widest reach for buyers and sellers across the globe, with:
- customers from over 125 countries,
- over 1.1 million website users,
- 3.3 million website sessions, and
- over 100,000 bids per month.
Both of our locations support and inform our customers – we provide dedicated help pages, responsive customer support, unrivalled detail and insight through our lot pages and marketing, superior imagery including 360 degree photos for special lots.