We understand that shipping is an important service aspect for our customers, which is why we work hard to develop strong relationships with our delivery partners to ship to as many global locations as possible, stay up to date with all international regulations and provide the best possible service.
We are pleased to announce that we will not be introducing increased shipping fees as we enter into 2021. With all the uncertainty around Brexit, the last thing our customers need is to figure out a new shipping fee structure in addition to other changes – so we will hold our charges for shipping, including to Europe, until further notice.
From our March 2021 Auction, lots will be sold from both our UK and EU offices - click to find out more about this and how this exciting new service impacts shipping.
See below for information about the delivery options in your country.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SHIPMENTS
- All prices quoted are based on a standard 70cl bottle and therefore may vary for heavier or larger bottles.
- Prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
- All deliveries must be signed for upon arrival by persons over the legal drinking age in the destination country - proof of age may be required.
- Delivery is available between Monday and Friday only.
- Delivery companies may require contact details for the recipient. Please include a phone number or email with the recipient address when placing an order.
- Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit. Except where the customer has opted and paid for Loss & Breakage Assurance, the risk of loss and/or breakage in transit is exclusively held by the customer; no claims shall be entered into by or against Whisky Auctioneer.
- All orders from our UK office being shipped outwith the UK may be eligible for local taxation and duties upon arrival in the destination country, which are payable by the customer.
- All orders from our EU office shipped outwith the EU may be eligible for local taxation and duties upon arrival in the destination country, which are payable by the customer.
- We are unable to provide refunds on purchases which have been destroyed, delayed or returned to us due to customs, administrative issues and/or unpaid fees/taxes.
- If shipping orders from multiple offices, those orders will each be charged individually for shipping.
SWEDEN, FRANCE, ITALY OR POLAND BASED BUYERS
As confirmed above, we will still be able to ship items based at our UK office bought at our auctions to you. However, because of the processes required to do so, there is likely to be a longer time period for you to receive your bottles and increased costs.
For buyers based in Sweden, France, Italy or Poland, there are two things to note and to understand before you bid on a UK based lot:
- Please allow up to 21 days for your order to arrive, we thank you for your patience with this new timescale.
- VAT of 20% will be charged post-auction and added at checkout. This covers any local VAT that would have been payable anyway to receive the order into your country. Therefore, you will not need to pay local VAT or other import/customs related fees upon receipt of your order.
PLEASE NOTE: The two points above are NOT applicable to other locations in the EU or elsewhere outside the UK when shipping orders based at our UK office out of the UK. Please ensure that you are aware of any country specific customs, duties or fees that are applicable to your local area before you bid as we are unable to provide refunds on purchases which have been destroyed, delayed or returned to us due to customs, administrative issues and/or unpaid fees/taxes.
SHIPPING LOTS FROM BOTH THE UK AND EU?
If you have won lots based in both the UK and EU, then these will be shipped separately. You will receive separate shipping/tracking notices and details. We appreciate your patience with this, and please allow 10 days following the payment for those separate shipping/tracking detalis to come through to you via email. If after 10 days you still haven't received shipping/tracking details for all your orders to be shipped, please contact our Customer Service team who will be happy to help.
We are only able to ship to the following states and districts; Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington D.C., Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Wyoming.
We are unable to provide tracking information and the shipment may take up to 14 days to arrive.
Further information related to shipping to the USA can be found here, which includes an update on the 4 month suspension of trade tariffs previously impacting shipments of Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Single Malt Northern Irish Whiskey to the USA.
LOSS & BREAKAGE ASSURANCE