Get A Valuation For Your Bottles
If you have a bottle or collection that you are interested in selling, we'd love to help. Wondering how much your whisky or other spirits might be worth? Our experienced team are on hand to provide free expert valuations on your bottles to give you an indication of what they might fetch at auction. Our valuations are based on previous auction results and must be regarded as estimates.
GETTING A VALUATION
1. TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS
In order for our team to be able to provide an estimate on the value of your bottle(s) which is as accurate as possible, we require clear front and back images of the product. This will allow us to take into account the condition of the bottle and how this may affect hammer prices.
2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BOTTLE
When submitting an auction estimate request, please make sure that you fill out all of your contact details along with descriptive details of the item you would like to sell such as its name, vintage (if applicable), age etc. Documentation is optional but if you have any please include a copy as this will help to verify authenticity.
3. SUBMIT REQUEST AND RECEIVE YOUR ESTIMATE
Once you have all of the above information to hand, submit your request using the below form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly with your valuation.
I have a large collection to sell - can Whisky Auctioneer help me?
Yes. Whisky Auctioneer can offer sellers a full range of services when it comes to larger private collections. The time and effort required to build such a collection shows commitment, care and enthusiasm and as whisky enthusiasts ourselves, we understand this and use our extensive experience in order to treat collectors prized possessions with the respect, esteem and attention they deserve. We work hand in hand with private collectors to make the process of using our services as seamless and straightforward as possible.
Are there any items you don't accept?
Whisky Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any bottles/items at our own discretion. We do not accept the following items for auction:
- Any Bell’s decanters, Gold Star and Luxury Spirit Decanters, or Khukuri rum.
- Non-whisky liqueurs, Amaro or Vermouth.
- Items that have exceeded “Use by” or ”Best before” dates.
- Merchandise or non-whisky ephemera, with the exception of original artworks, books or items of historical significance.Items which could contain risk to our customers, for example liqueur chocolates
- Cask Ends.
- Glassware or ceramics that are not packaged as part of an original gift set (glasses, jugs, empty decanters, etc).
- Unsealed bottles originally sold with a sealed closure.
- Bottles that we believe to be counterfeit, or where we have reasonable doubts regarding their authenticity.
- At present we cannot accept miniature bottles at our office in Germany
How many items can I submit to sell?
You can submit as many bottles as you like!
How do I sell my whisky?
All the information you need to sell your whisky can be found in our Step-by-Step Guide to Selling Whisky at Auction which has been designed to guide newcomers through our easy and hassle-free service to get started selling whisky online.