Glengoyne Cask Strength Batch #1
Built in 1833, what is now known as Glengoyne is a Highland distillery so close to the Lowland region border that its warehouses across the road actually fall into the latter geographical category. The distillery was owned by the Lang Brothers for 89 years, who used it as provision for their blends. In that time it was also important to those of Robertson & Baxter, who would eventually acquire the site in 1966, and bottled it as a single malt for the first time in the 1970s. It was not until the 1990s that the single malt brand became the distillery’s main focus however. An eventual restructuring by Robertson & Baxter’s parent company, Edrington, saw its operations quieted, and Glengoyne was sold to Ian Macleod Distillers in 2003.
The Glengoyne Cask Strength is an annual batch release, introduced in 2012. This was the first edition.
We would recommend viewing/close inspection prior to placing any bids. If this is not an option and you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please contact us for a more in-depth condition report. Otherwise lots will be sold as seen in the images.
Please note: Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.