Strathclyde 1965 Càrn Mòr Celebration of the Cask
Strathclyde distillery is located in the Gorbals district of Glasgow, and was built in 1927 by London-based distillers, Seager-Evans, in order to supply grain neutral spirit for its gin. The company bought into the whisky business 9 years later, acquiring the Long John brand, the popularity of which saw a small malt distillery hidden within the large grain plant between 1957 and 1975, known as Kinclaith. The distillery was expanded in the 1970s under the watch of American giants, Schenley, and passed through the hands of Whitbread to Allied Distillers. Nowadays it is part of the Pernod-Ricard group, and since the closure of Port Dundas, is the last grain distillery in Glasgow.
This grain whisky was distilled in December 1965 and aged in a single ex-Bourbon cask. It was bottled in July 2007.
This is a Celebration of the Cask bottling, the single cask sub-category of Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers’ Càrn Mòr label. Formerly Morrison & Mackay, they are a Perth-based company producing a number of whisky liqueurs as well as independent single malts and blends, including the popular recently revived Old Perth. In 2017 the firm completed the construction of the Aberargie distillery in the town of the same name.
One of only 138 bottles.
We would recommend viewing/close inspection prior to placing any bids. If this is not an option and you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please contact us for a more in-depth condition report. Otherwise lots will be sold as seen in the images.
Please note: Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.