The Cameronbridge distillery was built in 1824 along with the establishment of John Haig & Co, a legendary blending company with links to both the Haig and Stein distilling dynasties. John Haig always had his finger firmly on the pulse of modernisation, and was one of the first distillers to use patent stills. When Alfred Barnard visited in the 1880s, the distillery operating two Stein patent stills (invented by his cousin, Robert), two coffey stills and pot still for producing Irish style grain. Cameronbridge was one of the founding members of DCL, and despite being run independently from it until 1919, it is today the only fully Diageo-owned grain distillery in Scotland. Although provision of their blends has always been its key purpose (as well as grain neutral spirit for Smirnoff and Gordon's, as of 1998), the distillery has two single grain brands, the historic Cameron Brig, and the recently devised Haig Club.
We would recommend viewing/close inspection prior to placing any bids. If this is not an option and you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please contact us for a more in-depth condition report. Otherwise lots will be sold as seen in the images.
Please note: Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.