[Main Picture from the Glenlivet Archives Experience lot]
In our Beatson Charity Auction, we have been overwhelmed by the generosity of individuals, retailers and distilleries across the industry who have donated lots to raise funds and awareness for Beatson Cancer Charity. Some of these spectacular donations include extraordinary and truly unique experiences at the homes of some of the biggest names in the industry. These include VIP tours of distilleries ordinarily inaccessible to the public, such as Tamdhu distillery and the Glenrothes distillery and estate. For those who love whisky, whether beginners or expert-level imbibers, here are some of our top picks from these exclusive experiences.
The Macallan Legacy Experience (Six People)
One for The Macallan lovers, join your Macallan host for an experience like no other, explore the home of The Macallan, delight in a fine dining experience and be invited into the extraordinary Cave Privée for an exclusive tasting experience.
- A welcome dram of one of Macallan's fine single malt whiskies
- An exclusive private tour of The Macallan distillery
- Explore the unique land and discover the nature on Macallan’s doorstep. Learning about the native wildlife and forests along the way before stopping at The Macallan Fishing Lodge to enjoy a dram with The Macallan Ghillie.
- Marvel at the breathtaking beauty of the surrounding hills of Speyside while enjoying an evening dining experience. The carefully curated menu features fresh, locally sourced and sustainable ingredients.
- A selection of fine wines will be carefully selected by The Macallan Estate sommelier to accompany the meal.
- The experience will conclude with a fully guided nosing and tasting held in the extraordinary Cave Privée. As part of the exclusive experience, you will be able to sample some of The Macallan’s most iconic single malt whiskies, including The Macallan 40 Year Old Sherry Oak.
Arrival: 14.00 Departure: 22.00 Duration: 7-8 hours. Travel and accomodation not included. The term is 12 months from date of voucher.
Photography by Søren Solkær
Vintage Tour at Highland Park Distillery and One Night's Stay at The Orkney Hotel (Four People)
A taste and travel experience like no other, this whisky odyssey to Orkney includes an overnight stay at The Orkney Hotel and an Highland Park vintage experience where your guide will have you nosing and tasting like an expert in a tutored tasting of Highland Park's vintages to discern their unique characteristics.
- A Vintage Tour at the Highland Park distillery
- During the tour, guests will receive an exclusive single cask welcome dram and the chance to sample whisky straight from the cask
- A tutored tasting of four spectacular Highland Park vintages – all in front of an open fire in the stunning Eunson Room.
- A takeaway gift including tasting glass, signed and framed certificate following the tour, and a book about the long history of our special distillery.
- A single night stay at The Orkney Hotel (Two double bedrooms)
Tour booking times: Monday to Sunday at 10.00am and 2.00pm and must be booked in advance. Please allow 3 hours to complete the tour.
Offer is based on availability. Black-out dates apply so please contact hotel for availability. The offer expires on 24.09.2022.
VIP Experience including Tasting and Tour at Gordon & MacPhail (Four People)
Gordon & MacPhail will take you on a thrilling journey through their illustrious history with a selection of unique and rare whiskies to taste. This promises to be a memorable experience for whisky lovers.
- One bottle of Balblair 1990 Gordon & MacPhail 29 Year Old
- An exclusive masterclass tasting with Director of Prestige and 4th Generation family member, Stephen Rankin and in-house Whisky Ambassador Fraser Robson
- Taste a selection of sensational, unique and rare whiskies from their incredible 126 year history. Some very special drams will be included, personally selected and personal to the lucky winner of the lot.
- Each guest will also be provided with a gift bag to take away from the experience.
- Valid for 4 people, this experience will be held at the Spiritual Home of Gordon & MacPhail on South Street in Elgin, Speyside.
Travel to and from Elgin, as well as meals and accommodation are not included.
Photography by Ben Shakespeare
Private Flights, Car Hire and Accommodation for Islay Whisky Festival (Two People)
Fancy Disneyland for whisky lovers? Experience the most defining event in the whisky calendar, with a private flight to the tiny Hebridean island of Islay, two-night stay on the island and tickets to attend Fèis Ìle.
- A private flight on personal plane to leave from Prestwick Airport at a private terminal
- Whisky or Champagne and snacks during flight to Islay
- Two night stay at the Port Charlotte Hotel (Family room with two double beds) with breakfast included
- Tickets to one event each day during the Islay Festival
The plane is weather dependant – alternative arrangements can be made by Ferry across to Islay and car available on the island.
Fettercairn 28 Year Old and Weekend Stay at Master Distiller's House (up to Eight People)
The ultimate getaway for whisky connoissuers, this experience includes a weekend spent at the Master Distiller's house at Fettercain distillery and a tour and tasting of the unique distillery's single malts.
- A bottle of Fettercairn 28 Year Old - Introduced in 2018, this is an official release from Fettercairn that is aged for 28 years in American white oak.
- A weekend spent at the Master Distiller's house at Fettercain distillery.
- Guests will enjoy a distillery tour and tasting from 2021 Distillery Manager of the Year, Stewart Walker.
The house offers four double bedrooms with a maximum occupancy of 8 guests. The stay and tour will all be subject to COVID-19 restrictions at time of visit.
Travel to and from the distillery is not included.