We understand that shipping is an important service for our customers. This is why we work hard to develop strong relationships with our delivery partners to ship to as many global locations as possible, stay up to date with all international regulations and provide the best possible service.
Please scroll to the foot of this page to utilise our Shipping Dropdown and see information about the delivery options in your country.
Important information regarding shipments
- All prices quoted are based on a standard 70cl bottle and therefore may vary for heavier or larger bottles.
- Prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
- All deliveries must be signed for upon arrival by persons over the legal drinking age in the destination country - proof of age may be required.
- Deliveries will take place Monday to Friday
- Delivery companies may require contact details for the recipient. Please include a phone number or email with the recipient address when placing an order.
- Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion. Buyers can purchase Loss & Breakage Assurance at the checkout stage to cover for loss and breakage in transit. Where this has not been selected, no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit and the risk of loss and/or breakage in transit is exclusively held by the customer; no claims shall be entered into by or against Whisky Auctioneer.
- All orders being shipped out of the UK and EU may be eligible for local taxation and duties upon arrival in the destination country, which are payable by the customer.
- We are unable to provide refunds on purchases which have been destroyed, delayed or returned to us due to customs, administrative issues and/or unpaid fees/taxes.
Information for clients based in the EU
Please select your destination from the drop-down menu at the foot of this page to confirm if we can arrange shipment on your behalf for UK and EU Lots.
Please note: In compliance with EU Directive 2020/262, an excise charge will be applied to all EU Lots (per bottle) for clients based within the EU. This charge reflects the costs managed on your behalf by Whisky Auctioneer for moving excise duty products within the EU for sale on our platform. Read our Duty and VAT Information for EU Clients for further information.
Shipping Multiple UK and EU Lots
If you have won lots from multiple locations (e.g., UK Lots sold from our Perth office as well as EU Lots sold from our Netherlands office), they will be charged individually for shipping. They will also be shipped separately so may not arrive at the same time.
Shipments to the US will be dispatched within 10 days following payment, you will receive a confirmation email once this has been completed. Shipments may take up to 5 weeks to arrive following payment.
To comply with regulations, all bottles shipped to the U.S. will have a removable government health warning sticker applied. Read more here.
LOSS & BREAKAGE ASSURANCE
Can I protect my bottles?
Most courier companies fail to cover alcohol or glass on their insurance policies. We can offer Loss & Breakage Assurance (formerly Risk Free Shipping) for your items at a cost of 3% of the total hammer price and commission. By purchasing ‘Loss & Breakage Assurance’ when checking out, your lots will be protected against loss or breakage in transit. Please note that Loss & Breakage Assurance provides cover for breakage and loss during transit only – Loss & Breakage Assurance does not cover any loss arising from an item’s condition. Therefore, it will not protect against seal failures or cosmetic damage to lots. It also does not protect against leakage.
Loss & Breakage Assurance is automatically added to your order at the checkout stage, however, this can be removed.
We have many years experience in shipping whisky globally and work hard to reduce any risk of damage to items bought in our auctions.
Can I store items to save on shipping costs at a later date?
Items can be stored with us for combining multiple orders and dispatching at a later date. Please visit our Storage Services page for more information.
How long does it take to receive my winning lot(s)?
If you are successful at auction, once payment is received by Whisky Auctioneer then your whisky will be dispatched within 10 working days.
If after 10 days you still haven't received shipping/tracking details for all your orders to be shipped, please contact our Client Services Team who will be happy to help.
Please note: If you have won lots based in both the UK and EU, then these will be shipped separately. Please visit our shipping page for more information.